[Israel-Palestine] Why Haaretz, +972mag - and to much extent OpenZion really don’t make sense
Is because - you can see in that survey just posted from Ynet -
- There are enough signs that there appears to be - sensible decisions or inclinations are held by seizable amount of Israeli public.
But Haaretz, +972, OpenZion - writers are addicted to, depend on
- sarcastic takes on Israeli politicians, and their extreme/simplistic ideologies, and loose cannon utterances, and jingoistic/manic behaviors and acts
Yeah. It’s easy to depend on ‘cartoonish’ figures - those who constantly supply exaggerated behaviors and speeches - materials for ‘they are doing it again’ articles. And yes, they are part of the reality -
but the serious problem is - even when sounding analytical or factual - actually, readers don’t get anything more than impression that Israel’s political decisions are made from such terrible, and strong ideological reflexes and are very simplistic and spasmodic.
But. But it seems that really isn’t the all part of the reality. There are signs that there are potentially enough seizable amount of Israeli public - holding quite respectable views and decisions.
Then why not -
- verify them
- why not track them
- why not log their shifts and changes
- why not really engage
- and why not analyze them?
- (or just sometimes, simply relay or represent them? - to the world?)